On Tuesday, I planted a dozen of seeds for flowers and food in the seed tray, using only perlite and because the temperature was in the single digit I decided to keep the tray indoor and covered with plastic lid.
Today the air has warmed up to mid teens and sun had came through so I put the trays outside on the balcony and uncover the lids. Several of the seeds already showing tiny roots. Only 3 days!
This is first of the batch of seeds I will be growing and reporting for this year of the Dragon.
Following are the seeds, which are available from the local markets:
- Portulaca – Dazzle Doubles
- Delphinium – Pacific Giants
- Calendua – Pacific Beauty
- Sunflower – Yellow Empress
- Danshen – Chinese plant
- Florist Cineraria – Chinese plant
- Cany Tuft – Fairy mixed
- Pansy – Roggli Giants
- Portulaca – Sunny Boy
- Nasturtium – Cherry Rose
- Nemophila – Baby Blue Eyes
- California Poppy – Sunshine mixed
- Lettuce – Green Mignonette
- Snow Peas – Ho Lan Dow
- Radicchio – Salad Veg
Don’t forget to cover them in the evening.